Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween



Of course this year for Halloween Erin was Minnie Mouse. It was hard to keep the dress off of her until Halloween. And she wouldn't where the headband Ears for anything. In fact When we went to story time at the Library, we got her dressed up, hair done, and then I actually argued with my 2 year old!! For a good ten minutes I tried to explain that if she didn't where the ears people would think she was just a princess! I got her to where them until we got to the library and then she had the nerve to take them off and refuse to put them back on... Needless to say, she was just a princess to everyone. So I had to come up with away to make my own ears and bow that she couldn't take off all willy-nilly. (my friend Pheobe actually gave me the idea) I got some black foamie board from joanne andmade some ears out of that. Then I just attached the ears to her pony tales. I also made the bow. I'm quite proud of myself and I think they ended up looking better than the headband.
We Went to our Ward party on Friday. We played games and Erin got to run around with her friends. Erin was also voted Cutest costume! Our ward doesn't do Trunk-or-Treat. so On Saturday we went down to Tucson and went to Jared's parents Ward party. It was a blast! they have a cat walk set up and have a kind of parade for the kids and Erin LOVED the homemade Rootbeer! Jared took her Trunk-or-Treating while Fred and I handed out candy. So all in all it was a great weekend! Erin is still wearing the dress everyday. I hope it doesn't last too much longer. but she's so cute in it!!


Didn't quite get the concept of "The Cake Walk"


This ones for Aunt Kari!


Pouting Minnie


2 comments:

Jeanne said...

I love your dress Erin... the bow and ears are great too. Have Mama give you a hug from me.... See you soon Grammie...

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh! She looks so dang big in your halloween pictures! So cute!!